Delivering Affordable Housing Taster Seminar
Zoom proved to be the perfect platform in these times of pandemic to launch a series of workshops on Planning and Affordable Rural Housing.
The first taster session held on the 27th November followed three main themes: examples of successful affordable rural housing, tools to bring forward affordable housing in your parish and maximising environmental sustainability and introduced the following speakers and topics:
- Alison Thompson, Deputy Director, English Rural Housing Association: Examples of Successful Affordable Rural Housing Schemes
- Rosemary Selling, Rural Housing Enabler, Action with Communities in Rural Kent Housing Need Surveys
- Tessa O’Sullivan, Action with Communities in Rural Kent, Community Led Housing-Kent Community Housing Hub
- Alison Eardley, Neighbourhood Planning
- Jim Boot, Community Planner, Maximising Environmental Sustainability
The session was aimed for parish councillors, district and borough councillors and individuals with an interest in affordable rural housing. A recording of the session is available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyR3tlK0eSM
Future sessions are planned for the new year and on into the spring months when we hope that we can meet again virtually and explore topics including the Planning White Paper, Community Led Housing – Kent Community Housing Hub and Neighbourhood Planning in tailored workshops to explore these topics in detail.